Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Let it snow!


I will be ready for the next East Coast Blizzard. I've been an avid blog reader for some time now but haven't attempted a post in a while. There is such a learning curve to this thing! I was motivated to write because I have been shopping around for a pair of snow boots for a while and finally ordered some today. I purchased these Sperry Women's "Sydney" Black Quilted Boot from Rue La La for only 39 dollars. Can't wait for them to arrive. If you aren't on Rue La La yet and need an invite click here


In other news, I am home for Winter Break and hopelessly bored. There are only so many times one can organize her closets! I had a big cleaning day yesterday but today I am lacking motivation to continue what I started. I made a list on my bb of New Years resolutions so here they are, maybe if they're on the internet I will feel more pressured to stick with them.

1. Dress up for class!
This is a big one for me. I have a vast wardrobe of stylish clothing but last semester I found myself wearing the same tee shirts, leggings and Uggs every day. (In my defense, I was in a dance class which required sweats twice a week.) I'm 21 now so I think I should make more of an effort with my daily appearance. And you know what they say: If you got it, Flaunt it.

2. Make exercise a lifestyle, not a passing trend.
I am happy with my weight but I would like to be in the gym more consistently. I know that I will be competing in the Miss Maryland USA pageant again next fall so why not stick with that healthy lifestyle all year round, not just in the few months before the competition. It would be much less stress to be already in great shape and not having to cram it all in at the end. I find myself going a lot for a while then falling out of the habit when I move back to campus. THE GYM IS 2 BLOCKS AWAY. No excuses! It feels so good to be in shape.

I think that about covers it.. Of course I would also like to continue with my healthy diet and maybe cook for myself more now that we have a nice new grocery store on campus. OH!

3. Take more pictures!
Almost forgot about this one! That is not a good start! I feel that I am getting old and I want to have documentation of these last few semesters of college so that I can look back and laugh someday.

And perhaps blogging... I would like to blog more too, that could go along with the documentation of my crazy life! :)
Au revior for now!

0 comments: