Saturday, January 30, 2010

School Days and Miss America

Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been missing in action lately. Hopefully I will be able to update more now that school is in full swing. Not much is new here, just keeping busy with classes.

For my Voice Major, I have six pieces again this semester. I have my big senior recital next spring and I am giving a junior recital sometime later this spring so most of my repertoire is working toward that. I'm singing: Si Tu Le Veux (Koechlin), Chanson d'Avril (Bizet), the Lepidoptera Waltz (Swenson), Lied Der Mignon (Schubert), Alma Mia (Handel) and a song from Schubert's Mignon song cycle I haven't decided which but probably Kennst du das land

I'm also taking:
French 3 (The LAST French I need for my major but still 2 more semesters of language to go!)
Vocal Repertoire (There are only about 8 people in the class and we listen to different singers and their interpretations of standard classical repertoire, usually pretty boring.)
Piano (this is the last semester I need so I have to practice a lot to be ready for the jury in May)
Acoustics (really boring Science credit I need and the teacher has a REALLY thick accent. I have no idea what she's saying a lot of the time.)
Mosaics 2 (Gen Ed. AKA waste. of. time.)
Choir

In other news, it has been absolutely freezing at school which makes accomplishing things difficult. It rained so hard on Monday that I had to change my clothes between my 8 am and 11 am classes. I ordered this raincoat from Nordstrom and it's being delivered Monday so hopefully I will be better equipped for torrential downpours and monsoon winds next times they strike.
I ordered it in Brit Blue. I hope it's cute! Of course I'm just in time for another snow storm at this point and I don't think I ever posted about this but the adorable snow boots I mentioned in an earlier post came DAMAGED from Ruelala which I thought was a very reputable site. I was able to return them for credit but I really just wanted to exchange them for a pair that didnt have an air bubble in the heel (They made a poping sound everytime I put weight on my right foot. Not cute.) Disappointed, I suppose if a lot of accumulation occurs I will be wearing my rainboots instead :( They are cute but tend to cut up my heels if I have a long way to walk, as is usually the case on school days.

I suppose that's about all for now, Have a great weekend everyone! Don't forget to tune in to Miss America tonight at 8 LIVE on TLC

0 comments: