Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perfect Day


Some of my sorority sisters and I warming up in the house yesterday

Second snow day in a row today, first time my school has canceled classes since the blizzard of '96. Yesterday we played in the snow and had a snow day party but today I woke up early, watched the news and drank coffee in bed, did ALL my laundry and then spent the rest of the day with my not-boyfriend. The back story on his title is somewhat confusing but I'll give it a go. I have been with not-boyfriend for around three months and though we both acknowledge the exclusivity of our arrangement he is unwilling to commit to the title of BF. We are together. Yet both "Single" on facebook. Can anyone relate to this situation? It's ridiculous if you ask me, (As the saying goes, If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck it probably is a duck so why not just call it a duck?) but this is what works for him and I like him so I'll let it ride for now. Ask me after Valentines Day and our situation may have changed based on what occurs over the holiday. Anyway today was a wonderful day and it's rare that I utter those words.

I always have dreamt of a Valentine's Day like in the movies but it's never worked out that way. The Marine (another ex, I'm not sure if he's been introduced here but he's kind of irrelevant to my life now anyway haha opps!) left a single red rose on my windshield senior year V-day in HS but no note, I couldn't confirm my suspicions of his identity until years later when we began dating. But I digress.. With the exception of the rose incident I have never really had a memorable Valentine's day. In the past, when I've been in relationships we've gone to fancy dinners which is nice but I've never gotten flowers as far as I recall... In my opinion, the best gift wouldn't have to cost a penny if it comes from the heart. A kind word. A surprise, maybe? Wouldn't it be romantic if not-boyfriend did something thoughtful for me this weekend? I hope he comes through, I have a feeling he will.


I have always wanted an Edible Arrangement Maybe my dreams will finally come true! hahah Flowers would work too, beggars can't be choosers after all! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comments:

CIP said...

Look at all those pretty and familiar faces <3